Paradigm - The House and Barn is in glorious idyllic Lake District countryside away from the madding crowds but near enough to Keswick and Cockermouth not to feel totally isolated.
Honister Cottage is in a different location to Paradigm at Seatoller in the Borrowdale Valley near Keswick.
We're two hours from the international airports of Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow and Edinburgh, and if you're coming by train you'll need to get off at Penrith ideally, or Carlisle, and arrange transport from there. Paradigm is 26 miles from Penrith Station, and 30 miles from Carlisle station.
Coming by road to Paradigm
Leave the M6 at Junction 40 (Penrith) and take the A66 west towards Keswick and Workington. After about 40 minutes on the A66 you'll reach the first "Cockermouth" roundabout where you should turn left to Egremont onto the A5086. After around two miles turn left again - signposted MOSSER. After one-and-a-half miles you'll enter the hamlet of Mosser where there are buildings on both sides of the road. There is a sharp 90-degree turn in the road to the right. Immediately after this you can drive up the hill signposted SOSGIL. Half a mile on this road with the next building on the left look directly opposite to the slate wall and drive through the gate and down to Paradigm.
To find Paradigm on Google Maps
Sat Nav: CA13 0SS
Coming by road to Honister Cottage
Leave the M6 at Junction 40 (Penrith) and take the A66 West towards Keswick. The most direct route is from Keswick where you'll need to find the B5289 for Borrowdale or Borrowdale Valley. Follow the B5289 for about seven miles passing the shores of Derwentwater and the village of Rosthwaite until you reach the small hamlet of Seatoller close to the foot of Honister Pass.
SAT NAV: CA12 5XN
Close to Paradigm and Honister Cottage:
- Loweswater - door to shore two miles from Paradigm
- Crummock Water one of the most brooding of all the Lakes
- Beautiful Buttermere - surrounded by rugged mountains
- Bassenthwaite Lake - the only "Lake" in the Lake District!
- Lovely Lorton Valley - quiet lanes around every stone wall
- Whinlatter Osprey Centre - watch these fish-eating kings Apr-Oct
- Wordsworth House - a living home of the late poet
- The Borrowdale Valley - inspiration for poets and painters
- Keswick - the classic Lake District town
- Cockermouth - home to two rivers, many pubs and a Mutineer!
- Honister Slate Mine - for beautiful green slate for home and garden
However you get here, we wish you a safe and pleasant journey!
- Watch the weather!!
Use our online calendar to check availability and plan your perfect stay...
Enjoy this preview with the highlights of Paradigm...
The Barn has 4 stars, the House, 5 stars and Honister, 5 stars. All three have a Gold Award, January 2012.